Tuesday 3 January 2012

Things That I learnt in 2011




CODA – I learnt that I was a not anonymous co-dependent, through peer counseling and regular weekly meetings I have discovered a great deal about myself, and my behavior. I am now able to recognize the difference between healthy and unhealthy interactions with people and relationships.

I discovered Pinterest (www,pinterest.com) and am now an avid “pinner” all the images, quotes, pictures, ideas – everything I see and love on the internet  are no longer in jumbled folders on my computer, but are collected and pinned on my boards.

I learnt the difference between anxiety and excitement

I learnt when tested I really do value loyalty and friendship over money – and I liked myself for that.

I learned that life happens around you more than it happens to you and that you can respond as you choose – I re-affirmed for myself that doing or saying nothing is as much a powerful choice as wadding in guns blazing.

I made some new friends and let go of some old ones and was pleased with the acquisition and ok with the loss.

I accepted the seasons of living and allowed change

I learnt that sometimes it is not best for me to be in control!

When someone dear told me that the most important thing was to be around good people – I heard them, they said it didn’t matter so much how rich. how beautiful, how smart or how witty, that without being good people at the base of it all none of the other qualities were worth anything.

I learnt that few things give me as much pleasure as watching other people do what they want while allowing the people around them to enjoy the same freedom.

I learnt that the difference between good people and sociopaths can simply be the absence of compassion. That compassion is as vital and ingredient to a person as cocoa is to good chocolate

I practiced learning through pleasure and not only pain.

I rediscovered the depth of my love for BBC period drama’s

I learnt that being self indulgent can include taking great care of your mind and body  and that you are in-fact indulging the needs and wants of the self with the odd vitamin pill or walk  .

I discovered Italy and it was worth waiting for. Italy and the company of good woman can heal anything.

I experienced the love of a good man and saw not only myself but my children blossom beneath the warmth and light of his love. I saw to that he to was happy and healthy with me, that my love for him was healing and restorative.

I learnt to put down the things in my life that have been complicated and draining and although I know that this maybe an ongoing – for the moment I know simplicity, and stretches of serenity.

I have turned again to the making of bread, and know that this has been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. That it grounds me and makes me feel whole. That I still find yeast to be as magical as I always did but that now with greater maturity I understand its nature and am not afraid of it, that I know it will work and how it will work

No comments:

Post a Comment